The first 7 weeks of pre-season has seen over 120 players join us who want to be part of North Shore in 2016. We welcome everyone back who has played with North Shore before and all the new players who are getting on the Bomber train for a great year ahead.
To date, over and above the excellent attendance to training there have been some fantastic highlights including;
- The refurbishment of our change room and soon to be gym accessible for players
- The new training resources and additional footballs the club has provided
- A new major sponsor for the 2016 season – Mortgage Choice
- Confirmation of Federal and Local Government funding to upgrade our ground and improve the infrastructure to be the premier venue in the Sydney AFL and for the North Shore region
- A commitment to a women’s team for the 2017 season
- An increase in experienced senior footballers choosing North Shore to be their new home
Moving in to next year we really want to maximize the progress we have made so far with an ongoing commitment to training attendance, improved professionalism and increasing our effort to improve both individually and as a team. Therefore I am encouraging all players to commit to the recommended training program put together by Jarrad for over the Xmas period.
When you return in 2016 there are some key dates we would like to make you aware of –
- 1st training back = Tue 12 Jan @ Gore Hill 6:30pm start. This will include skills and fitness testing.
- The seniors, Div 3 and 19’s will split in to their squads for training from Thu 21 Jan
- The first Saturday training session is Sat 30 Jan at Balmoral
- Our full day camp at Gore Hill from 10am to midnight = Sat 6 Feb
We will provide you a full update of dates, trials, season launch and first round in the first few weeks back.
Personally, I have really enjoyed the experience so far and really appreciate everyone’s efforts and all of the support. As I said on presentation night – I am all in to make this as successful and enjoyable as possible for the club and every player. Hopefully we can all continue to play a part and build on the momentum we have generated together in the first part of pre season.
Should you have any feedback you want to provide on your experiences to date or areas we can continue to improve as a club please feel free to email me.
Enjoy the festive season and I look forward to seeing you all on the track in the new year.